Calling all the rappers to enthrall the audience with the power of their sound and words. Let’s see what you got!
Event Type: Solo
Who can participate: Grades 9-12
Maximum number of participants in the event: 30
Maximum number of participants per school: 2
Number of rounds: 2
● Participants will present an original rap song during the event, with a beatboxing partner or to a backing track of their choosing(will have to be submitted in a pen drive on the day of the event)
● Participants must provide an appropriate title to their song
● The lyrics should not be vulgar/explicit/offensive by any means. The lyrics must not be derogatory towards any ethnic group, religion or individual. The lyrics also need to be appropriate for a school-level event
● The rap has to be an original creation . Plagiarism will lead to disqualification
● The participants need to upload their rap lyrics ( in a pdf format) in the given Google drive link by 25th August-for plagiarism check. Participants must label the file as ParticipantFullName_SchoolName
● Duration of performance- 3 minutes
● Shortlisted participants move to round 2
● The shortlisted participants from round 1 will be given a topic and a duration of 30 minutes to create an original rap song
● Duration of performance- 2 minutes.
● A common beat will be given to all the participants for their round 2 performance.
●Exceeding the time limit(in round 1 and round 2) will lead to deduction of points
Voice Clarity & Quality
Quality of lyrics